mags

mags

Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice - Sara Singh, Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice is a book that can introduce itself. If you don't already have an opinion of it, well, take that up with your non-accredited high school. The question of which edition to buy, though, is whole 'nother beast because there are just so many to choose from.Just a sample of Amazon's selection:You can click "See 15 more paperbacks" three more times and still not be done.In an article about e-books, Rainbow Rowell wrote: This is how e-books have actually changed my life (and how I think they'll change the world):I've started judging books by their covers.Oh, I'll still read exactly what I want to read. But if I'm going to buy a book, an actual book — if I'm going to bring it into my house and make space for it — it better be beautiful. It better justify its visual existence.I totally agree with this. And amongst the hundreds of editions of Pride and Prejudice, here are the two that I made space for in my library. It's no surprise that these are ones where publishers collaborated with artists to create something beautiful and unique.Hardcover (ISBN: 9780955881862):The cover art was done by artist Kazuko Nomoto. I love the little details of this edition, like the white ribbon bookmark and how the first word of the next page is written at the bottom of the page.Paperback (ISBN: 1402785305):The cover art was done by fashion illustrator Sara Singh. I think I actually gasped the first time I saw this. (Such a nerd, I know.) I would hang a print of this cover on my wall. Hope this helped narrow your search if you're like me and still always looking for gorgeous additions to your library. Thanks to Noelle, whose artist eye always hones in on the prettiest covers and forwards them along. Now stop that shit before you bankrupt me! :)