mags

mags

Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)

Yours to Keep - Shannon Stacey Love means never having to say you're sorry.SNORE.Love means a magic penis, a pink shirt, and Post-its!And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. Like, to the point that Shannon Stacey has (temporarily) ruined other fictional men for me. Trust me, after you read this, Exclusively Yours, and Undeniably Yours, you'll have Kowalskis on the brain too. Yours to Keep is the 3rd book in the series, and the first one I read. (Thanks, Sarah!) It centers on Sean Kowalski and Emma Shaw. Sean has just left the Army after 12 years and is keen to explore his new civilian life. His plans take an unexpected turn when Emma, his cousin's wife's best friend -- and a woman he's never met, shows up at his temporary apartment asking him to be his fake fiancé for the sake of her grandma. You already know where this is going, right? What pleasantly surprised me was how FUN it was getting there. And how HOT.Sean is tall, dark (blond), and handsome. Not only is he well-mannered, but he also reads!He's Alexander Skarsgard post-Generation Kill. Emma is no shrinking violet either. She, according to Sean's first impression, is "tall, hot, and batshit crazy." She's a landscape artist who owns her own business.Both Sean and Emma are probably in their early 30s, but what one of the many things I love about this book is that age isn't a point of emphasis. It's a breath of fresh freakin' air to read about a single woman who isn't bemoaning her biological clock or her eggs. I personally believe that the word "ovaries" should be banished from all non-medical text. Say "Fallopian" to me:What was I talking about before I started mentally slapping people? Oh right, Sean and Emma. I read this with a stupid grin on my face. I loved their chemistry and their cuteness. I loved watching them go from faking a real relationship to hiding a real relationship masquerading as a fake one. I went over my Notes & Marks on my Kindle and I had 35 highlights, each one making me smile when I read over it again. This is the strongest of the 3 Kowalski books (even though I'm partial to Kevin Kowalski in Undeniably Yours), and a fun read even if you're not a romance genre diehard.Do I need to show you Sean again?