mags

mags

Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5)

Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5) - Ilona Andrews Dali, you adorable scene stealer. In this novella, the half-blind nerd girl gets center stage. Dali, the vegetarian white tiger shapeshifter who crashed into the story in [b:Magic Strikes|4345498|Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)|Ilona Andrews|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331615093s/4345498.jpg|4393420], is everything Kate Daniels isn't. She doesn't fight, doesn't kill, but that doesn't mean Dali isn't badass in her own right. She can write out a curse in calligraphy like no one else.Jim: "You want me to go back into that house protected by a magic sticky note?"We saw a hint of possibly something between Dali and Jim, Alpha of the Cats and Curran's Chief of Security, in [b:Magic Bleeds|6479550|Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)|Ilona Andrews|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1311280294s/6479550.jpg|6670775]. Okay, Kate was just mouthing off as per usual but she may have actually touched on something. However, Dali knows she's not that girl. She knows guys see her as a brain with glasses. Now she has to use that brain when something goes wrong in one of the Pack houses and affects Jim.This was so cute, SO CUTE. You can't not love Dali but throw in her equally feisty mother and hijinks ensue. Who else but an Asian mother could or would greet an Alpha with "He is dark. Very, very dark", and THEN bop him over the head with a rolled up newspaper? But Jim has some tricks of his own and seriously, my heart melted. I won't spoil it even though it's not a huge part of the story but it's a HUGE deal to me! Oh, and there is an appearance by a Korean woman and even though it's only to say hello, it was just icing on an already perfect cake.Basically, if you haven't read any Kate Daniels yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??