mags

mags

Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)

Undeniably Yours - Shannon Stacey MENTAL CASTING NEWS(I put the mental in mental casting!)(Also, I've had a litttttle bit to drink.)I read three romance authors: Victoria Dahl, Julie James, and Shannon Stacey. Dahl I read for the sex, James I read for the dialogue, and Stacey I read for the men. The Kowalski men. Hot damn. Of the 3 Kowalskis, Kevin Kowalski of Undeniably Yours is my favorite. He's just a good guy. He owns a bar, he loves the Celtics (forgivable), and he loves his family. He was married once before to a woman who took advantage of him, so now he's single again. After his divorce, he had his share of one night stands, but he's always been about family and relationships. Enter Beth Hansen. Beth is independent and determined to stay that way. Even after she finds herself pregnant after a one night stand with a certain bar owner, she's determined to take care of herself. She's not looking for handouts and fights Kevin's overtures at every turn. Even when his offers are reasonable, she fights him because she doesn't want to become dependent on him. Beth eventually caves and moves into the apartment across from Kevin. Despite her resistance, Kevin slowly wins her over with his sincerity. I was somewhat skeptical about this book because babies and pregnancy, ew. I want SMUT in my romance! There are some smutty scenes, but I was surprised by how sweet this book was. I liked how Beth and Kevin's relationship developed from strangers to lovers to unexpected partners to friends and then eventually, after much hemming and hawing, back to lovers. When I first read the book, I gave the story 3.5 stars and Kevin Kowalski 10 stars.(I wrote the above ages ago and left it in my drafts.)So who is Kevin Kowalski?Howdy, neighbor.Hellooooo, Chris Evans. I cast him after reading this article in Details. He's such a Kowalski! And after a Tumblr search, I found the rest of my Kowalskis.RDJ is Joe (Exclusively Yours)Chris Hemsworth is Sean (Yours to Keep)Mark Ruffalo TBD when the rest of the books come out later this year.But back to Chris Evans/Kevin Kowalski: