mags

mags

Slow Summer Kisses

Slow Summer Kisses - Shannon Stacey I swear, I spend as much time reading Shannon Stacey's books as I do searching tumblr for the perfect mental cast. She writes strong, career-oriented women and sexy, well-mannered men who love and support them. What's not to love?Cameron Mayfield is a guy who gave up his fast-paced, stressful career as a lawyer to live at his family's cabin working odd jobs to pay the bills. Anna Frazier is his new old neighbor, someone who used to visit her family's cabin next door to his until she was 10, who is now back after having been downsized from her fast-paced, stressful job in finance. The difference is that she wants to get back to the corporate world, even though it was giving her an ulcer. There are a ton of steamy scenes packed into this short story as Cam and Anna fall for each other -- and find out one is a Red Sox fan and the other is a Yankees fan. The horror. I lived down the street from Fenway Park for 4 years and it was Capulets vs Montagues with shittier accents whenever the Yankees came into town. My favorite was the little old lady in the shirt with "Yankees suck" on the front and "Jeter swallows" on the back. The rivalry though adds to Anna and Cam's banter and foreplay.For this short and sweet novella, I needed someone believable as both a lawyer and a lumberjack. For Cam, the sexy guy next door who knows how to use his hands ifyouknowwhatimean, I chose Tyler Hoechlin.Mmm hmm! Speaking of hands, there's one scene where Cam holds out his hand to help Anna down that was very Matthew-Macfadyen-as-Darcy-esque. Well, if Darcy had a hard-on. Slow Summer Kisses was cute, as all Shannon Stacey's books/novellas are. This was my favorite novella of hers and makes me even more excited for her next Kowalski book.--Pre-read: The Spurs are down 2-3 in a best of seven series. I'm allowing myself one two drinks and this book.